Friday, December 20, 2013

Inspiration Nation//Architecture Project Reveal!

Hello ya' all!
For those of you who know that I'm an Architecture Sophomore at college, you may as well be wondering why all that I ever post over here is floral, vintagey feminine DIYs, and freebies, and a few recipes now and then, beauty fixes even...but anything related to architecture? Nope......until, now. :)
This is my final model for the proposal of a French Consulate General. The site area is quite small really, but I wanted to make it iconic, here's the behind the scenes of how I did it.. *drumroll*
First, I made the very basic building design out of smokey grey-brown foamboard. The building isn't in itself complicated, but 1.5 meters away from it, it holds a beautiful aluminum cladding held in place by supports.
For the design of the intricate cladding which was inspired by the Eiffel Tower's cross-net pattern and the famous Arab 'mashrabiya' style, I went to a laser cutting lab with the vector images of the pattern drawn out. The laser cuts through mattboards...

And you get the above result, well not really, (since it was so detailed it couldn't cut all the way through, I had my craft knife come to the rescue!). 

A black acrylic undulating wave frame was then laser-cut and hot glued over the gold pattern.
The supports cut in the same black acrylic were then hot glued at the back,...
And voila!
Look at the beauty! Can we pretty please lemme brag here for a teeny second and lemme say I'm smitten by my own model??
New visitor to the consulate? Please allow me to walk you through the journey ^_^
You are first welcomed through a gate for the consular's main enterance, the secondary gate lies on the adjacent side.
Your left and right alley are laced with beautiful high-rise palm trees....
Upon entering, the same mesh canopy shade lies overhead, walking up the steps, you can see two refreshing water features cascading smooth glassy water jets at both the sides...
Lush green terrace gardens invite you for outdoor lounging lined with trees in full blossom....
A pyramidal skylight filters warm, sunlight into the mass to hint the perfectly blue sky..
Wherever required, my warrior acrylic supports keep my gorgeous cladding in place :)
The pretty woven web cladding filters through a beautiful play of shadows onto the walls and glass windows...
Do you think the building would make the consular and deputy glad?? :)
If the design of the building inspires you, do pin this project so that it clicks through another idea for you in the future!

Join me at Craft A Doodle Doo on Pinterest and Facebook fo' lots more fascinations or easier enough, become a wonderful subscriber! :)

Thank you so much for taking round a trip with me, I feel honored. =)

Lots of love,
Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment


FRESH IRRESISTABLE IDEAS...

RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.